Ajilon Office is the fastest-growing staffing service in the world specializing in the temporary and permanent placements of premier administrative and management professionals. We have a great opportunity for a DIRECT HIRE SR. Benefits Administrator with one of our most respected Oil & Gas industry clients located in the Houston / Galleria area.
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity
Salary range: $80-100K DOE
Experience: 7-10 years
Education: Bachelor?s degree REQUIRED
?? Specific knowledge of the benefit plans offered by the Company.
?? General knowledge of laws/regulations pertaining to health and welfare and retirement plans.
?? Ability to research/resolve problems or issues in a timely manner.
?? Ability to work independently to resolve issues and/or problems on a day-to-day basis.
?? Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
?? Knowledge of and ability to adhere to Company policies and work requirements.
?? Proficiency with Windows based software (specifically Excel, Word and Access)
Please submit resumes to Nicole.Vassiliades@Ajilon.com
(only those candidates meeting the above qualifications and education requirements will be
To administer and coordinate the daily activities, maintenance, and ongoing project work related to the various benefit plans for employees of the US subsidiary companies of our client. Serves as a contact person for all benefit plan issues. Uses independent judgment and decision making to make decisions and recommendations about benefit plan administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintains knowledge of the Company?s benefit plans and the processes necessary to administer the plans
- Reviews and assists with administration of service provider contracts ensuring all terms are met and in compliance with the contract agreement
- Remains abreast of changes in laws, regulations, and court precedents affecting the administration of the benefit plans
- Responsible for compliance-related requirements (audits, IRS/DOL filings, communication materials, etc.)
- Participates in the development and implementation of new and/or revised plans/programs
- Acts as the Benefits liaison with HRIS and IS to implement changes or enhancements to SAP and interface files
- Oversees on-going and annual enrollment for health and welfare plans
- Develops and maintains reports to be used for annual valuation, semi-annual and annual plan testing, and annual reporting
- Assists with and/or supervises special projects such as vendor evaluations, cost studies, research, evaluation of plan design, communications, etc.
- Provides support and assistance with merger and acquisition activities
- Responsible for the processes related to the daily administration of the Health and Welfare Plans including, but not limited to:
a) Primary contact for claims questions/resolution. Investigation of claims.
b) Coordinates the collection of and spousal/dependent waiver documentation
c) Prepares quarterly Benefits Department call log summary
d) Administration of QMCSO/NMSN
e) COBRA administration
f) Recording & tracking payments
- Responsible for the processes related to the daily administration of the Defined Benefit Plans including, but not limited to:
a) Processes and reviews individual retirement calculations and election/distribution paperwork
b) Serves as backup support for the compilation of data to be used for valuation processes, 5500 & PBGC reporting
c) Prepares and processes scheduled funding
d) Administration of QDRO
- Responsible for the processes related to the 401(k) Plan daily administration including, but not limited to:
a) Reviews, processes, and makes recommendations for hardship withdrawal distribution requests.
b) Serves as backup support for the compilation of data for nondiscrimination testing purposes & 5500 reporting.
c) Serves as backup support for the compilation of data for allocation of ARC account contributions.
d) Administration of QDRO.
- Responsible for administering Life, AD&D and LTD claims processes, including, but not limited to:
a) Coordinates the Statement of Health process.
b) Upon notification of death or disability, initiates/mails claim paperwork for completion
c) Coordinates the collection of the necessary paperwork for submission of claim
d) Monitors process with service provider and claimant or beneficiary
- Administers the disability management program, including, but not limited to:
a) Tracks and reports status of all disabled employees.
b) Maintains contact (via mail and/or phone) with disabled employees.
c) Coordinates disability committee review meetings.
- Administers the retiree medical program, including, but not limited to:
a) Tracks and reports status of all retired employees.
b) Maintains contact (via mail and/or phone) with retired employees.
c) Coordinates the mailing of Retiree Medical statements.
- Coordinates the annual Health Awareness Program / Health Fairs.
- Works with vendors, actuaries and consultants regarding the administrative processes of each plan.
- Works directly with providers to develop communication materials and facilitates problem resolution between the providers and/ or claimants.
- Assists with the drafting and preparation of certain materials as required, including, but not limited to Summary Annual Reports, Summary Plan Descriptions, Master Plan Documents and other communication materials.
- Provides training and assistance to field personnel.
- Develops and/or maintains administrative procedures for the duties of this position.
- Promotes a positive Company image at every opportunity.
- Conducts an annual review of this job description and updates it as required.
- Performs the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.