Accounting Principals is currently recruiting for a Billing and Collections Accountant for a Global Law Firm in Downtown Portland. Company offer Business Professional Environment, easy access to public transportation and excellent benefits after 30 days.
- Responsible for the billing and collections of client invoices.
- Prints prebills and/or final bills for attorney?s review.
- Researches and answers billing and collections questions for attorneys, secretaries and clients.
- Responsible for input, update and mailing of invoices on the accounting system.
- Maintain client?s alternate fee arrangements.
- Submit, process and track invoices as well as resolve billing issues via electronic and web based billing
- Monitors clients? unpaid balances. Communicates with clients regarding delinquent invoices and requests pay status.
- Keeps Collection Manager informed of collection activities and accounts in need of escalation.
- Researches and resolves unapplied payments and unapplied credits.
- Participates in the Year End Revenue Acceleration Plan
- 3+ year of experience working in a Law Firm or Accounting Firm handling the billing and collections
- Intermediate to advanced Excel Skills Required
- Strong Verbal and Written Skills
- College Degree Preferred in Accounting or Business related filed, but not required.
Accounting Principals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
Please put the job title in the subject line of your email for consideration